Our committees provide excellent resources and are an opportunity to make an impact in the business community.
Ambassador & Membership Committee
Help increase membership and organize networking events.
Recruits new members
Assists with special events and new member receptions
Organizes grand openings and associated ribbon-cuttings
Procures raffle and auction items
Business / Economic Development Task Force
This task force is a subset of the Government Affairs Committee. The task force works with the City of Laguna Beach to create incentives for business retention and recruitment.
- Participates in "Open for Business" meetings
- Organizes "meet and greet" meetings with key business and members/non-members
- Create "red teams" that conduct trade missions to attract targeted businesses
Government Affairs Committee
Identifies and supports the legislative and regulatory issues that serve the interest of Chamber members and the business community. The Committee also represents Chamber Member support requests regarding specific business development issues and/or challenges. Our relationship with the city is one of mutual respect, with the understanding that the Chamber will always advocate for the business community.
- Lets members know about laws that will affect them
- Takes as stand either for or against issues that can relate to the health of your business
- Studies and recommends positions on local, county and state legislation
Meets the first Thursday of every month at the Surf and Sand Resort